Sunday, July 4, 2010

A daily drawing

There have been many artists who have taken on the challenge of producing a daily painting or drawing.  I think it's a great way to stay fresh, to improve skills and stay on top of the practice of making art.  In our busy lives, there are many responsibilities, distractions and activities that can get in the way of an artist's practice.
So I've decided to jump into the challenge, and commit to a daily drawing or painting for the purpose of an exercise in study of a process.  To begin, my commitment will be to draw or paint for a minimum of 3 minutes and a maximum of 15 minutes a day.  I plan to explore a similar topic for several days in a row.  
As a humble beginning, which may lead to larger projects, I am starting with a 10 minute pencil sketch of my morning coffee mug.  

No comments:

Post a Comment